- FIRST® (For Inspiration Recognition of Science and Technology) is a program created by the inventor of the Segway Dean
Kamen, and MIT professor Woodie Flowers. They created FIRST as a way to inspire kids to pursue careers
in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics. FIRST consists of four subgroups: FLL Jr.®,
FLL®, FTC®, FRC®.
- FIRST Lego League Junior is a non-competitive robotics program designed for children age’s six to nine.
Jr.FLL teams conduct much smaller projects and makes models out of Lego elements to illustrate one
part of the topic.
- FIRST Lego League is an international competition for elementary and middle school students. Each year
a new challenge is announced that focuses on a different real-world topic related to the sciences.
- FIRST Tech Challenge is a robotics competition targeted toward middle and high school-aged students.
- FIRST Robotics Competition, an international high school robotics competition. Teams are given six
weeks to build a robot to perform a new task each year.
- Our team competes in the FRC division of FIRST. This year’s game was announced on January 9th.